- Registered, Licensed Dietitian
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor
- Certified in Adult Weight Management
- 20+ years Years of Experience
- B.S. in Dietetics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Dietetic Internship from Viterbo University in La Crosse, WI
My professional interests include understanding how nutrition impacts mental and physical health. Good nutrition does not have to be challenging. We can enjoy eating and be healthy!
My career began with a focus on eating disorders. In my work with this population, I discovered Intuitive Eating developed Elyse Resch, MS, RD, FADA, CEDRD and Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD. To me, this was the missing piece to having a healthy relationship with food. I became a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor in 2014.
Damage done by restrictive weight loss diets:
- Causes weight gain
- More diets = less calories to achieve the same results
- Fat overshooting: your body retains fat as it anticipates the next restrictive diet
- If you lose weight on a low-calorie diet, you need keep eating that low intake to maintain the weight loss for the rest of your life.
Benefits of Intuitive Eating:
- Achieve a healthy weight
- Healthy relationship with food
- Repair past issues with food including trauma
- Positive body image
- Understand how disordered eating impacts your relationship with food
- Be able to enjoy eating
We offer individual sessions and groups that focus on Intuitive Eating in our Woodbury office.